Sunday, September 28, 2008

Up and Running

I am celebrating!! My studio has lights and electricity and is capable of having clients now!!! It is still a work in progress as I furnish it with backdrops and props and new computer, but hey we are progressing!! I am so excited. I took my first shots today. I did a couple of high key shots of Abby. Now I have to get all my seniors in for shoots and setting up lighting. I am so excited!

Business is going well right now. I have really enjoyed doing seniors this summer and fall, they are so much fun! School is also going well, but it is so busy. Our shooting schedule is full with new assignments on a daily basis. But I am learning lots of new stuff, and am really excited about the multimedia and digital color stuff. I did shoot some slide film last week. That was really fun! I forgot how much I love film. I want to try my hand at some infrared film here soon. I will let you know how that goes.

Oh, I also got to try out a lensbaby. It was a fun litte lens! I shot both slide film and digital with it. I will have to post some of those images here soon. In fact, I need to post a lot of images, I have been doing some fun stuff lately.

One more item for the to do list. . . .

Today at church I was really blessed and challenged. Our Sunday school lesson was on the parable of the master who entrusted his servants with talents. Two of the servants multiplied the talents they were given and one hid his in the ground. I pray that God will give me the wisdom and courage to multiply my talents (by telling people about Jesus). At school I often feel very isolated as a Christian, and often am not bold for Christ. I really have a desire to be bold for my faith, even if it means I will be ridiculed.

Well, I better go for now. I still have some chores left to do before the weekend is over.

No comments:

November 1 2009

November 1 2009
Family by red hills in Tensleep